Sunday, November 18, 2012

Amway Achiever Sholin Tay and Shuchen Huang



Sholin Tay loves to tell the story of how he got into the AMWAY™ business: “My sister owed me some money because I had paid for her son’s Tae Kwon Do lessons. One day, she came to my office, pulled out a form and said, ‘Sign here. You’re going to be in the AMWAY business.’ That’s how she was paying me back! And I said, ‘OK,’” he laughs.Sholin owned an insurance business at the time, which was doing well. But one time when he was out of town on an extended vacation, both of his secretaries had to be out of the office for personal reasons. As a result, his customers were not being serviced properly and business suffered.His AMWAY business, however, took off rather quickly and he was really enjoying it. So he thought, “One business is failing and one is growing. I think I’ll stick with the one that’s growing.”

Shuchen, who was working at a bank and being a mom to their two children, was not thrilled about the idea of helping him out. “I was already very busy,” she recalls. “I didn’t want to do it at all.”In fact, when he first started buying the products, “I sent them all back!” she says. “It was like he was the purchasing department, I was returns.”Her mind began to change, though, after they qualified as Silver Producers. “I could see how much better it was when husbands and wives worked together, and how good that would be for the family,” she says. “My parents were in a traditional business and I hardly saw my father when I was growing up. I didn’t want it to be like that for my own children.”Shortly after that, she was able to leave her job and focus on helping Sholin.

Once they started telling people in their group that their goal was to go Diamond, “We had to do it,” says Sholin. “We wanted to set an example.”Did they ever. Their business has grown to 19 countries. And they’re even more excited about what the future holds. “Most people in the business world retire at age 65,” says Sholin. “But I believe if I take good care of myself, I can live to be 120 and I plan to continue working until then!”With today’s technology, the world has gotten much smaller than it used to be. We’re in 19 countries now but have a lot more to go! – Sholin Tay

Amway Achiver
Sholin Tay and Shuchen Huang






No comments:

Post a Comment